yo

I am one of those persons that believe that learning all you can about what you want to do in life is the best you can do.

I want to be a writer so I try to learn everything I can about it. I take classes, read books, interesting blog posts, etc.

Of course another important thing is to write and write and write so you can improve. One of the best ways to improve is practice.

For me the learning as I said is very important too so I want to share with you the resources I found more useful. Every time I find more helpful resources I will share them with you in this blog.

The first thing I read was Stephen King: On writing.



This is an awesome book and you’ll not regret reading every single word.

Next I’d recommend for you to read Writing The Breakout Novel and the workbook. This is an awesome book with good examples and exercises to improve your writing.




Also I recommend taking courses whether online or in person. For me is hard to find good courses close to me so I focus on online courses and workshops. The best courses I have taken were Margie Lawson Deep Edit courses.

I learnt important things that everyday improve my writing.

Last as Stephen king says in on writing Read, read lots in your genre and in others. You need to read lots to be a good writer.



Etiquetas: , | edit post
3 Responses
  1. Brandon Ax Says:

    I keep hearing about his book I should read it. I like finding my favorite authors and reading what they have to say about writing. Patrick Rothfuss and Brandon Sanderson have tons of stuff online that have helped me so much.


  2. yo Says:

    I really recommend his book. I will search for the authors you're telling me about too.


  3. Unknown Says:

    Very good advice and I agree with your recommendations 100%.


Post a Comment