yo

Title: Forget Me Not (Book I in the Collective series)
Author: Stacey Nash
Release Date: February 17, 2014
Publisher: Entranced Publishing, Rush
Genre: YA speculative fiction

Blurb:
Since her mother vanished nine years ago, Anamae and her father have shared a quiet life. But when Anamae discovers a brooch identical to her mother's favorite pendant, she unknowingly invites a slew of trouble into their world. When the brooch and the pendant are worn together they're no longer pretty pieces of jewelry -- they're part of a highly developed technology capable of cloaking the human form. Triggering the jewelry's power attracts the attention of a secret society determined to confiscate the device -- and silence everyone who is aware of its existence. Anamae knows too much, and now she's Enemy Number One.

She's forced to leave her father behind when she's taken in by a group determined to keep her safe. Here Anamae searches for answers about this hidden world. With her father kidnapped and her own life on the line, Anamae must decide if saving her dad is worth risking her new friends’ lives. No matter what she does, somebody is going to get hurt.


Goodreads:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18130928-forget-me-not?from_search=true
BUY LINKS:

What Others Had to Say:

"I certainly won't be forgetting Nash's debut, FORGET ME NOT! A vividly fast-paced tale with adventure, secrets, and kissing!" -Kimberly P. Chase, Author of THE APOLLO ACADEMY.


AUTHOR BIO
Stacey grew up in the Hunter Valley of New South Wales. It is an area nestled between mountains and vineyards. Full of history and culture, it provides wonderful writing inspiration. After dabbling with poetry during her teen years, Stacey stopped writing until after university when she was married with young children. Now she loves nothing more than spending her days with her children and writing when inspiration strikes.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS



My Review:


Forget Me Not is a book close to my heart, not only because I have read it lots of times. Thanks to the lovely author trusting me to do it. But because it’s a story that made me completely love Science Fiction. I don’t usually love this genre but with this book I just couldn’t stop. 

The MC Anamae, has a voice true to a teenager but still strong and moving. I liked her from the first moment as I did with her best friend Will. I loved their friendship and how Will cares so much for her. 
This story 
really makes you believe fiction is real as Mae says in the book. Teletransportation, invisibility, share your thoughts. All that is possible and you see it as it could possibly happen.

I was intrigued with the Collective. I just needed to know what they really did and why. 

The character that I loved most was Jax, the bad boy, but he’s just not the average bad boy he’s tormented and sweet and confused. Just perfect.

Nash starts this adventure with an amazing writing that reminds me of Cassandra Claire and Jane Austen. Yes an odd mix but perfect for this story and so moving. 

I can’t wait to see where this story will take me.

And just because I can't end this post without sharing with you something of Jax:


Now I know you want to buy it so go ahead! 

Etiquetas: | edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment